HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman was sworn into office on May 12, after Commissioner’s Court selected the 44 year law enforcement veteran to lead the largest law enforcement agency in Harris County.
Today, Sheriff Hickman introduces the members of his Executive Command Staff; leaders responsible for the department’s various command bureaus. Sheriff Hickman cites expertise, qualification, passion and experience as the primary attributes he considered when selecting his commanders.
Combined the command staff has 620 years of law enforcement experience, 13 post graduate degrees, 6 graduates of the esteemed FBI National Academy, 87 professional certifications, 3 veterans of the armed services, and 46 memberships to professional law enforcement and community associations.
Harris County Sheriff’s Office Command Staff:
• Sheriff Ron Hickman
• Chief Deputy Tim W. Cannon
• Chief Edward “Skip” Oliver (Criminal Investigations and Employment Command)
• Chief Deputy Martin O’Brien (Reserve Command)
• Assistant Chief Jim Sumner (Law Enforcement Command)
• Assistant Chief Todd R. Montefusco (Criminal Justice Command)
• Assistant Chief Joseph O’Leary (Reserve Command)
• Assistant Chief David Dixon (Reserve Command)
• Major Clint Greenwood (Executive Bureau)
• Major Marcus Kinnard-Bing (Patrol Bureau)
• Major Darryl Coleman (Homeland Security Bureau)
• Major Langley “Mac” McKelvy (Crime Analysis and Training Bureau)
• Major Kevin Scruggs (Communication and Systems Bureau)
• Major Elwood “Woody” Mitchell (Criminal Investigation Bureau)
• Major Joel Inocencio (Justice Management Support Bureau)
• Major Mike Smith (Justice Housing Bureau)
• Major Steve Marino (Justice Management Bureau)
• Dr. Michael Seale (Executive Director, Health Services)
• Executive Director Edwin Davis (Executive Director of Community Relations)
• Director Santos “Sam” Lopez (Aviation Director)